We’re looking for stories and pictures from past 39 Josh races. If you have a story to share, we want to hear about it! We’re putting together a booklet for our 40th year:
‘Josh Billings Tales from 1977-2016’
Send your stories and photos to email@example.com
Saturday, September 17, 2016:
- Register and packet pickup from 12:00pm to 5:30pm at The Arcadian Shop, 91 Pittsfield Road (Rte. 7) Lenox, Ma 413-637-3010.
- Ironperson meeting in the cafe area with Kent Lemme: 2:00P
- Free Kid’s Race Registration: 12:00P to 3:00P (Scroll down for more information)
- Spaghetti Dinner-Free! From 5:00P to 7:30P at Bousquet Ski area in Pittsfield. Great FREE! pasta dinner with music by ‘Dugway’.
Sunday, September 18, 2016–RACE DAY!!
- RACE BEGINS: 9:30am at the Price Chopper parking lot in Great Barrington.
- No Registration on Race Day
- “Last Minute” packet pickup at the bike start: 8:00A to 8:30A
- RACE START: 9:30A
- The Bash at Tanglewood: 12:00P to 4:00P with a great band-‘THE PRESCRIPTION’
- Kids Race Registration: 12:00P to 1:00P at Tanglewood at the United Way tent (limit 200)
- 18th Annual Free Kid’s Fun Run: 2:00P on Tanglewood Grounds (1/2 mile of fun)
- Shuttle back to the bike start from the Bash: 1:30, 2:45, 4:00. Look for the Abbott Limo behind the band tent.
Reporting Times and Places
- Bikers: 8:30am the Price Chopper parking lot in Great Barrington (Race starts at 9:30am).
- Paddlers: 9:00am at the Stockbridge Bowl boat ramp (boats need to be brought down earlier-road closes at 8:30am)
- Runners: 10:30am at Camp Mah-Kee-Nac (park at Tanglewood Lions Gate lot on Hawthorne St and walk down)
Route 183 will be closed from Tanglewood to the boat ramp at 8:30am. Park at the Tanglewood Lions Gate lot on Hawthorne Street and walk to the Stockbridge Bowl boat ramp. Boats need to be brought down to the boat ramp earlier in the morning. Allow 30 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the boat ramp-there is a shortcut marked through the woods.
Josh Billings Kids’ Race 2016
The awards ceremony is at the main Josh awards tent shortly after the race finishes (race starts at 2pm). No awards will be mailed out, you must be present at the time to receive your award.
You must register ahead of time (it’s FREE!) either from 12-3 at the Arcadian Shop on Saturday or from 12-1 on Sunday at Tanglewood (look for the United Way tent).
- Children must be 5 years old up to 14 years to enter the race.
- Those without an official number cannot race. Please do not disappoint your child ..register, it’s free!
- Parents are not allowed to run with your child!! They must be able to run be themselves.
Contact Stephanie, Ambrosee4524@yahoo.com, with any questions.