We’re still looking for stories and pictures from the past 43 Josh races. If you have a story to share, we want to hear about it! We’ll continue to put together a booklet of your Josh memories year after year.
‘Josh Billings Tales Starting from 1977’
Send your stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
News, Updates & Events
The Josh 2020 has a plan. Once we get permission from the state and the towns, we have come up with a plan to maximize distancing while keeping the spirit of the Josh. Participation will be limited to 250 teams including a maximum of 50 iron people and registration will close on August 15. If the race is cancelled due to Covid-19 issues then we will refund your entry fee. Remember, training with someone faster or slower than yourself is a great way to ‘sport distance’!
The Josh: Sunday, September 13, 2020
Bike Leg: 27 miles from Great Barrington to Stockbridge Bowl
Paddle Leg: 5 mile canoe/kayak/SUP around Stockbridge Bowl
Run Leg: 6 mile run around the lake and finish down the main gate of Tanglewood in Lenox
The Bash at Tanglewood: Live band, Kid’s Race, vendors, Josh awards
Please be respectful of Camp Mah-Kee-Nac and do not enter while training for the Josh during the summer.
Packet Pickup is on Saturday from 12-4:30 at the Arcadian Shop.
Iron man clinic is at 2pm at the Arcadian Shop in the café.
Any changes to your team can be made on Saturday at the packet pickup.
- Registration is open on Active.com or you can download an entry from our website.
- Instagram…Use #joshbillingstri and send us your Josh photos!
- Clinic dates for 2020 will be posted for paddling, running and biking-go to the page on ‘Clinics” to find dates and times.
- NEW! The Josh is collaborating with the Berkshire Humane Society so you can do the Josh and raise funds for a great local animal shelter. The Josh will continue to support the Berkshire United Way, but your team can bike, paddle and run to earn much needed funds for the Berkshire Humane Society. “Each year Berkshire Humane Society takes in over a thousand animals who have nowhere else to go. No matter their age, temperament, medical condition, or breed, we turn no animal away, and we place 100% of our adoptable animals into new loving homes. From humane education to low-cost spaying and neutering programs, we also provide a variety of programs and services that promote the welfare of all animals and their people.” Click on the Berkshire Humane Society link on the Josh web page for more information.
- For updates, news, photos, more videos of the Josh races, ‘friend’ the Josh Billings page on Facebook or follow us on Instagram (joshbillingstri)-This is the best way to get Josh updates.
- Here’s a video of the Josh bike route. Thanks to Kevin Mitts for posting the video.