We’re still looking for stories and pictures from the past 42 Josh races. If you have a story to share, we want to hear about it! We’ll continue to put together a booklet of your Josh memories year after year.
‘Josh Billings Tales Starting from 1977’
Send your stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
News, Updates & Events
New Josh Billings Course for 2018: Great Barrington to Richmond Pond and finish at Tanglewood
Bike starts in Great Barrington at the Price Chopper parking lot as usual. The bikers ride up to West Stockbridge on the usual route however once they arrive in West Stockbridge they turn left and go up 41. They proceed up 41 to a right turn onto Summit Road. Summit Road will be closed to traffic. At the end of Summit, the bikers turn left onto Swamp Road and then a left onto Boys Club Road. The bikers proceed down the road and turn left onto a gravel road (Beech Road) which takes them all the way to the Richmond Boat Ramp where the transition area will be for all paddlers and the iron/tin racers. The bike leg is 23.8 miles.
The paddlers take the hand-off and then run/jog/walk 1/3 mile to the Richmond Beach where the paddling leg begins. Iron/tin racers have their transition at the Boat Ramp and then head to the Beach to begin paddling. The paddle is 2 ½ times around the lake ending at Camp Russell. The runners will be waiting for the paddlers at the camp and the iron/tin transition area is also at the camp. The paddle is ~5 miles.
The runners will take the hand-off at the Camp Russell Beach and run up to Swamp Road. They will turn right on Swamp, take a left down East Road, come down to a left on Lenox Road and then proceed up and over the mountain to the finish at Tanglewood. Lenox Mountain Road will be closed to traffic. The run course is 6.5 miles.
You will receive updated instructions for each of the legs in your race packets. We have over 100 ironpeople and it is highly recommended that you attend the iron meeting on Saturday at 2pm at the Arcadian Shop. The instructions on our website are for the usual course, not the new one.
42nd Annual Josh is Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Registration is open on Active.com, TriReg or you can download an entry from our website.
- Instagram…Use #joshbillingstri and send us your Josh photos!
- Clinic dates for 2018 have been posted for paddling, running and biking-go to the page on ‘Clinics”
- If you notice that our fees went up $5 per person, that’s because our insurance quadrupled so we had to do something. However, the earlier you sign up, the more you save.
- The Josh now has a link to CrowdRise so you can do the Josh while fund-raising for your favorite charity. The Josh will continue to support the Berkshire United Way, but your team can bike, paddle and run to earn funds for your special non-profit charity. Click on the CrowdRise link on the Josh web page or on our Active.com site to organize your fund drive.
- For updates, news, photos, more videos of the Josh races, ‘friend’ the Josh Billings page on Facebook-This is the best way to get Josh updates.
- Here’s a video of the Josh bike route. Thanks to Kevin Mitts for posting the video.